Measuring dry ingredients will improve the accuracy of all your recipes. Finding an accurate answer for one cup Graham crackers is tricky when you’re dealing with various cracker sizes. So, how many Graham crackers are in a cup?
- 4 full-sheet graham crackers make ½ cup crumbs.
- 7-8 full-sheet Graham crackers make one cup crumbs.
- 14 square (half-sheet) crackers make one cup crumbs.
- 10 full-sheet crackers make 1 ½ cup crumbs.
- 12 full-sheet cookies make 1 ½ cup crumbs.
Now that you know the measurements, you can make whatever dessert you like! You can also look at the substitutes below if you don’t prefer graham crackers.
Table of Contents
- How Many Graham Crackers In A Cup?
- How To Make A Perfect Graham Cracker Crust?
- Mango Graham Float In a Cup Recipe | How to make Graham float in a cup Recipe
- Substitute For Graham Crackers Crumbs
- How Do You Make A Store Bought Graham Cracker Crust Taste Better?
- Are Graham Crackers Considered Junk Food?
How Many Graham Crackers In A Cup?
And How Much Does 1 Cup Of Graham Cracker Crumbs Weigh? Here is the weight of Graham cracker crumbs in grams and ounces:
|Graham cracker crumbs||Weight|
|Per serving||Grams (g)||Ounces (oz)|
|3/4 cup||65 g||2.2 oz|
|7/8 cup||75 g||2.6 oz|
|1 cup||85-100 g||3-4.5 oz|
|2 cups||170 g||5.9 oz|
How To Make A Perfect Graham Cracker Crust?
Graham crackers are a fantastic snack, and you can also ground them into fine crumbs. The crumbs make a perfect base for various frozen desserts.
For example, you can use the cracker crust in different pies. You can also use it in popsicles and cinnamon rolls for an extra delicious treat.
Sometimes, the crust cracks if you don’t blend it well. So, don’t buy pre-made crusts to avoid this issue. The stored crust is not as fresh as a homemade one.
You can follow this perfect recipe of Graham cracker crust for the best results.
No-Bake Graham Cracker Crust
To make a no-bake crust:
- Take ten full sheets (rectangle) of crackers and grind them. It will make about 1 ½ cup crumbs.
- Pour the crumbs into a bowl. Add ¼ cup crushed sugar and five tbsp of unsalted and melted butter in it.
- Mix well to get a sandy and thick texture.
- Now set this crust in the bottom of any pan or pie plate.
- Chill it for one and a half hours in the fridge to get an excellent crust.
Baked Graham Cracker Crust
To make a baked crust:
- Grind up 10 full-sheet or rectangular crackers. It will make about 1 ½ cup crumbs.
- Pour the crumbs into a bowl. Add ⅓ cup white sugar and six tablespoons melted butter. You can also add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon to enhance flavors.
- Blend the mixture well and press it into the bottom of an 8-9 inch pie plate.
- Bake it at 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C for about 7 minutes.
Mango Graham Float In a Cup Recipe | How to make Graham float in a cup Recipe
Substitute For Graham Crackers Crumbs
It’s a massive disappointment if your recipe calls for graham cracker crust and you are out of it. To fill in the place for your favorite crust, try one of these substitutes below.
Note: Use 1 ½ cup crumbs of these substitutes to make a crust.
Ice Cream Cones
Sugar cones, when crushed, make a perfect base for ice cream pies. They stay crisp and pleasant for longer periods, which keeps the dessert fresh and tasty.
It’s even better if you find waffle cones as they have a more cookie-like flavor.
Grind up crispy rice cereal, granola, or cornflakes together. Top it with a fresh yogurt filling to enjoy a heavenly breakfast pie!
Crushed cornflake fillings are well-matched with anything, but they are more delicious in a citrus-flavored tart.
You know that graham crackers are cookies. So the good news is; you can use any plain cookie to substitute graham cracker crust.
Use gingersnaps or speculoos for a spicy flavor in your cream pies, pumpkin pies, and cheesecake.
If you want a nice smooth flavor, use animal crackers or vanilla wafers in your pies or cheesecakes.
Use sandwich cookies for a sweeter crust. You won’t even need to add sugar to it. Try this crust as a base for your peanut butter pie. This blend of sweet and salty is amazing!
Use oreo cookies or chocolate wafers to give a dark and chocolaty touch to the bases. These dark, chocolate-like crusts match well with caramel, chocolate, butterscotch, or raspberry fillings.
If you like coconut macaroons, you can try them as a pie crust.
The flour-free crust of coconut macaroons provides a chewy and sweet taste. Try this yummy crust in the tarts, such as key lime and dark chocolate tart.
If you prefer the sweet-savory blend, use pretzels as a crust. They have a salty taste with a crunchy and buttery texture.
Pretzel crust makes a brilliant contrast with luxury fillings like peanut butter and chocolate mousse. And if you want an all-savory combo, use the pretzel-crust base for a quiche.
Use Arnott’s Biscuits as a substitute for the Graham cracker crust. The flavor profile includes granita, milk arrowroot, and morning coffee.
If you are choosing Arnott’s Biscuits as a substitute, then go for Arnott’s granita. Their taste is very similar to Graham cracker crust.
Finely grind 10-12 biscuits to make a no-break crust of Arnott’s granita. Add two tablespoons of powdered sugar and five tablespoons of melted butter. Then, add ¼ cup of almond meal.
Mix the crust well and press it into a pie plate. Now refrigerate it or bake it as per your preference.
If your local store doesn’t sell Graham crackers, use digestive biscuits as they are easily available. However, these biscuits have a bland taste so don’t forget to add sugar to the crust mix.
You can use a digestive biscuit crust in any recipe that calls for graham cracker crust. However, sweeter fillings make an excellent match with this crust.
Marie biscuits have a sweet taste with a thick texture. So use them as a crust for any pie. If you want to have a sweeter flavor, mix with sugar.
Extra sweet fillings make a fantastic contrast with Marie biscuit crust.
How Do You Make A Store Bought Graham Cracker Crust Taste Better?
If you have a store-bought graham cracker crust, follow the steps below to make it tastier.
- First, find yourself a crunchy cookie. Don’t go for something incredibly sweet. You can buy Little Wafer cookies or animal crackers.
- Toss a few cookies into a grinder or food processor. Add some crushed sugar (about three parts cookies to 1 part sugar) to the mixture.
- Now sprinkle this cookie dust mixture on your countertop or work surface. Place your store-bought crust on it and roll it out with a wooden roller.
- The cookie dust adds a great texture and flavor to the premade crust. It also acts as a thin barrier between the crust and filling to prevent it from getting mushy.
- To add richness, brush the bottom crust lightly with butter after you fit it into the pan. And then brush some butter on the top crust. The cookie dust and butter eliminates the one-note and waxy mouthfeel flavor of store-bought crusts.
Are Graham Crackers Considered Junk Food?
It’s pretty hard to argue that these cookies are junk food. Some graham crackers such as honey-flavored, chocolate-flavored, or cinnamon-spiced are incredibly sweet. These crackers contain more calories. But there is also whole wheat graham cracker available in the markets. These crackers contain fewer calories and sugar.
Sweet Graham crackers may not be so high in calories, but they are high in carbs and sugar per serving size. The value of nutrients and fiber is also low. So, if you are on a diet, try to avoid the sweeter type of crackers.
Diet conscious people should use digestive biscuits as they are an excellent replacement for Graham crackers.
Crackers, pretzels, and other packaged snacks are not a healthy choice. Although they contain refined flour and few nutrients, they have fast-digesting carbs, which may boost your blood sugar.
One sleeve is usually a small pack of crackers and contains nine large rectangles or 36 small rectangles. A sleeve equals 1 cup of Graham cracker crust.
You may have added excess butter, which hardens the crust during refrigeration. Hardly pressing the crust into the pan and overcooking it can also cause stiffness.
Although some Graham crackers have low calories, eating too many calories adds to your daily meal plans. So, consider eating only one serving in a day.
You can consider a single rectangle or full sheet as one Graham cracker. Each cracker typically contains a line in between. It lets you break it into two squares.